• Q. How do I report graffiti?

    Graffiti on City property is within the jurisdition of the City of Los Angeles. This includes, street signs, sidewalks, trash bins, walls and even graffiti on private property viewable from a public street. In such cases, you can call 3-1-1 or visit the City of Los Angeles' MyLA311 web site. The specific web page where a service request to remove graffiti can be submitted is here.

    If you see graffiti on the freeway, on/off-ramps, and freeway sound walls, call Caltrans at 213-897-3656. If you see graffiti within the LA River, call Los Angeles County at 800-675-4357.

  • Q. How do I report a hate crime that I witnessed?

    Anyone who has seen or experienced a hate crime or incident can report anonymously to the LAPD at 1-877-ASK-LAPD, or reach a crisis care coordinator by calling  2-1-1, 3-1-1 or visiting www.lavshate.org/report.

  • Q. How do I report a noise complaint in Sherman Oaks?

    If you are having trouble with noise generated by a neighbor's party or a loud TV or any other neighbor related noise, then it's best to contact your local police station directly, which you can call at (877) ASK-LAPD (275-5273). Don't call 911, though, because noise complaints aren't considered emergencies.

  • Q. Who do I call to pick up dead animals?

    Please contact the City of L.A. Bureau of Sanitation at (800) 773-2489 for the pick-up of dead animals.

  • Q. How do I report fireworks in my area?

    Lighting and setting off fireworks of any kind, are illegal in Los Angeles County unincorporated communities such as Sherman Oaks. You can report people breaking the law by calling the local police or fire department's non-emergency phone number. You may call 311, the police non-emergency number, to report the use of fireworks in your neighborhood. Or you can report them at https://complaint.lacity.org/Complaint/fireworks/, including as much information as possible on the incident (address, description of suspect, whether fireworks are actively underway, etc). Reporting illegal activities or use of fireworks to 911 should be limited to those instances when the activity is in progress and poses a threat or danger to others or yourself.

  • Q. How do I report a pothole on my street to get it fixed?

    To do this, you may call the Department of Public Works Road Maintenance Division at (626) 458-3981 or visit their Report a Problem section at http://dpw.lacounty.gov/contact/. The first link in that section will take you to an online form where you can report the location of the pothole.

  • Q. How do I report a damaged or stolen trash container that needs replacing or a missed trash pickup?

    Call the LA Department of Sanitation for missed trash pick-ups, broken or stolen trash containers at: 800-773-2489

council logo

© 2021 Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Council.

Social Media

Are you sure you want to remove this?

Please enter the email address you would like to send this to